Thursday , November 14 2019
Home / Maritime News

Maritime News

Rescued by Maersk , now a captain on Maersk 34 years later

ships, refugees, sailors, maersk

  February 2014, Ngoc Nguyen boarded Thomas Maersk as captain for the first time. 34 years earlier he and his family were rescued in the South Chinese Sea by a Maersk Line vessel.   “I want to be a leader that is participative, courageous, open-minded and forward-looking, and I want to beknown for being kind, calm, fair and cheerful.” Last ...

Read More »


SHIPPING APP,easy shipping, swiftly

  So you are shipping from abroad with some extra space in your cargo box or package of which you would still pay for anyway, whether full or otherwise. OR you are a freight consolidator and you need more cargo to fill up some extra cargo space before vessel gate closes for receiving containers. Those are but a few of ...

Read More »

18,800 TEU Vessel Pays Maiden Call to APM Terminals Zeebrugge

The technologically advanced LNG-ready Al Muraykh is the latest new Ultra-Large Container Ship addition to the global fleet calling APM Terminals Zeebrugge. Zeebrugge, Belgium – The second of United Arab Shipping Company’s (UASC) six ordered 18,800 TEU capacity Ultra-Large Container Ships (ULCS), the LNG-ready Al Muraykh, called APM Terminals Zeebrugge last friday on its maiden voyage to Europe on the AEC1 ...

Read More »

APM Terminals growth ambitions continue as it Signs Agreement to Acquire 100% of Grup Maritim TCB

AMP terminals, bigger porrt operators

Agreements with minority shareholders (39%) now signed, complementing previously signed agreement with majority shareholder (61%)      Barcelona, Spain – APM Terminals announces the agreement to purchase the remaining 39% shareholder of Grup Maritim TCB. On 8 September 2015, APM Terminals announced the agreement with Perez y Cia to acquire their majority share (61%) in Grup Maritim TCB. As a ...

Read More »

GPHA to sink abandoned vessel on the High seas

to be towed, salvaged vessels, to be sunk

 A fishing vessel, MV Lady Faith, which has been abandoned in 2010 at the Tema port without a minimum manning crew is now posing a security threat to port operations as it has now become a hideout for drug peddlers and junkies, some of whom have turned it into a permanent place of abode.  Belonging to a Nigerian businessman identified ...

Read More »

Big players in Ports operations join forces to save the environment

environmental protection, shipping recycling

    ‘Go Green’ is the first ever joint environmental initiative between DP World, Hutchison Port  Holdings Limited, APM Terminals,  PSA International, Shanghai International Port Group and Port of  Rotterdam Authority    Global marine terminal operators DP World, Hutchison Port Holdings Limited (HPH), APM Terminals, PSA International and Shanghai International Port Group (SIPG) – five of the world’s largest port operators, and joined by ...

Read More »

7 Nigerian stowaways arrested as chinese vessel calls at Tema Port

nigerian stowaways, stowaway, nigerian

    Reports by the graphic online suggest that some seven Nigerian stowaways have been arrested at the Tema port. The stowaways who were  aboard a Chinese vessel travelling from Nigeria to South Africa have been arrested  after the vessel made a stopover at the port to offload cargo meant for a Ghanaian importer.Stowaways are often economic migrants who hide themselves ...

Read More »

First accident at newly inaugurated Suez Canal expansion

canal accident, Egypts canal expansion,

 The maritime executive, reports of an incident at the newly inaugurated Suez canal, the incident which is  reported to be the first since the official August 6th  commissioning of the Canal’s expansion involved the catching of fire by the (vessel)M/V Om el-Kheir at berth at Port Tawfik, which is at the canal’s southern entrance. The Suez Canal Port Authority (SCA) and Red Sea ...

Read More »

APM Terminals Acquires Italian Refrigerated Container Terminal Facility to add to Vado Project

APM Terminals buys italys terminal

Vado, Italy – APM Terminals and GF Group are pleased to announce the acquisition of 100% of Reefer Terminal S.p.A. by APM Terminals has been completed today.  Terms and price were not disclosed. Reefer Terminal, the largest refrigerated terminal in the Mediterranean for more than thirty years handling 600,000 pallets per year, is also a world-class terminal for the handling ...

Read More »

Suez Canal Container Terminal Prepares for Expanded Canal Traffic Growth

Port Said East, Egypt –The Suez Canal Container Terminal, located east of the northern entrance of the Suez Canal, at the convergence of the continents of Africa, Asia and Europe, is preparing for an even larger role in global trade as the expansion of the man-made waterway linking the Mediterranean and Red Seas enables increased vessel traffic. Four additional Super-Post-Panamax ...

Read More »
Sign up for our Newsletter

Enter your email ,